Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safety Saturdays #21 - Going to and from School Safely

Safety Saturdays
This week features more Back to School safety tips from The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC).

Their online publication Know the Rules ... For Going To/From School Safely offers tips to help parents and guardians prepare their children for a safer journey to and from school. You can also download the publication in English or Spanish.


If you missed it, check out last week's Safety Saturdays post for information on NetSmartz® Workshop's back-to-school campaign to raise awareness of the importance of Internet and real-world safety.

Did you learn any new safety tips from this information? Do you have any additional back to school safety tips to share?

Next week, Safety Saturdays will feature a NetSmartz® video, "Beat the Tricks," to help teach kids about tricks adults may use to get them into dangerous situations. If you have any specific questions about this topic, let me know through a comment or email. This will help me provide more information in the post.

I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to leave a comment anytime, not just Saturdays. If you are not familiar with blogging, you can still leave a comment below. Just click the anonymous button and type your comment in the text box provided.

Check out all the Safety Saturdays posts for more safety tips.

post signature

6 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I will have to read through these as Alivia just started riding the bus. It's only for this year as her school is being remodeled, but still a new thing for us as I've always dropped off and picked up my kids.
Thanks Michelle!And thanks for the comment on my cute little co-worker. I'm at home now, but she's on my lap at her request and she just dozed off. Guess she got bored blog hopping with me. Don't worry though..she fell asleep way before we came here. :)
Hugs,
lelia
Any employement news as of yet?
Keep Leaning on the Lord my friend!

Lelia Chealey said...

Also, so glad you're going to be doing the new study!!! Should be a great adventure!

MrsProverbs31 said...

How's your job hunting going? Mine is as silent as can be. Still keeping you in my prayers and thoughts often. God bless you and thanks for the tips. I will have to come back. I didn't even know you're doing school safety tips. How awesome!

Amy L Brooke said...

Missed you this Sat.

Sorry, I've been a bit absent. My depression really flared up, but I am feeling better and writing again and reading!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i was just thinkin' of you and thought I'd see how things are? Hope you & your family are doing well.

Lelia Chealey said...

MICHELLE!!! Welcome back! I am thrilled you are joining us! I will "see" you tomorrow and look forward to your input!
We need to catch up my friend!
Blessings,
LC