Friday, June 6, 2008

Journey Through Ireland West

These images offer a glimpse into my travel through Ireland West.

View from my room in Galway

Canals winding through parts of Galway City


Scenes around Galway Bay and an old fishing village


Dungaire Castle, built in 1520, in Kinvara, County Galway


Cliffs of Moher, sea-cliffs, approximately 656 feet high and 5 miles long
The tiny figures in the top left corner are people.


Countryside, County Mayo


Cong Abbey, founded in early 12th century


Ashford Castle, Cong, County Mayo, 13th Century Castle

As I explored the beautiful countryside, calm enveloped me. I focused on my surroundings each moment of each day. As this week progressed, the tranquility I found in Ireland began slipping away.

My circumstances are the same as before I left. I do not know when my office will close, and I do not have another job. I am no more in control now than I was a few weeks ago. In Ireland, I did not need to be in control. Once home, my desire to feel in control increased as I shifted my thoughts from the present to the future.

Although the amazing scenery in Ireland influenced my mood, my peace came from another source. Today, God reminded me He will bring me the same peace I had in Ireland, if I let Him. As I transition my focus back to each moment of each day, I know God is in control. I find delightful evidence of His presence in my daughter's laughter and my husband's reassuring smile.

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." John 14:27 (NLT)
Thank you God for the perfect souvenir.

post signature

1 comment:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

oh my...gorgeous! i have always wanted to tour through ireland...

thanks for sharing those beautiful snaps