Thursday, July 3, 2008

Frosty Needs Sun?

Apparently, I should spend some time in the sun this weekend, unless I am in jail or red bumps spread across my body.

Last night, Pumpkin skipped through the house singing, "Frosty the Snowman is as white as my Mommy."

Yesterday, I pulled weeds in the yard until my husband opened the window to warn me, "I sprayed those with weed killer. You better get in here and wash your hands."

After scrubbing my hands and arms, small red bumps appeared on my forearms, as my hands swelled. Fortunately, benadryl spray halted the outbreak in a few hours.

Tuesday afternoon, I exclaimed, "Oh no, I'm in big trouble," upon remembering I had jury duty that morning.

I called the jury information line, entered my jury number and heard this recording, "You are a horrible citizen, who clearly does not care about our justice system. Obviously, you never really worked in law enforcement, and you are a BIG RULE BREAKER. Your failure to appear could land you in jail."

I felt like it said that instead of something about the court already mailing my failure to appear notice with a new service date and failure to appear being punishable by section BLAH BLAH of state law BLAH BLAH."

What a week! I'll use SPF 70 this weekend, since this is me




Have wonderful 4th of July!


post signature

7 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh my gosh Michelle!! I hope your holiday weekend goes better!! Love the frosty sun bathing! Too cute!!
Hang in there!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lelia Chealey said...

I'm sorry Michelle, but I'm laughing. Don't ya just love that Benadryl spray? I just used some this morning on mosquito bite. Sorry I laughed. I guess I'm one of those friends that when their friend falls I laugh first then ask if they're okay. Be careful this weekend!;)

Anonymous said...

That frosty comment made me laugh out loud!

Amy L Brooke said...

Too funny. I'm glad the Benadryl helped. Hope it is a great holiday.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Lots of Uh-Ohs. On face book, I downloaded a button that reads...pale is the new tan. I'm fair skinned...as white as frosty, so I laughed out loud when I read your post. Thank you for putting my button on your site. that is so sweet of you.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

oh my...i have been fortunate enough to get out of jury duty 2x...i was a college student at the time studying law! i may be called again at some point but b/c my husband is a lawyer the attorneys on the case would probably dismiss me... ;-)

anyway, yes keep that spf 70 going...nice white skin is beautiful & healthy! :-)

Carol said...

Too funny!!! I love it. Missing jury duty sounds like something I would do.