Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yes to God Tuesdays - God Is With You


During this hectic, exhausting time of transition, I considered taking a blogging vacation, but I did not intend to disappear for 10 days between posts. For anyone still reading my blog through my chaotic posting schedule, thank you!

I'm getting back on track. Some posts about change, including When God Moves Your Cheese Part II, are forthcoming.

Now onto this awesome book by Lysa TerKeurst, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, which I know God orchestrated me reading and sharing with others during this famine phase of unemployment. This week, we're discussing Chapter 6, God's Extraordinary Invitation, and Chapter 7, God is With You.

While focused on hearing God's direction for my life, I almost missed His invitation to draw closer to Him through this difficult time. While searching for the physical manifestation of His will, I almost overlooked the spiritual purpose as He calls me to trust and rest in Him on a deeper level.
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7
The only way I can function through this trial is by seeking God's direction on what I need to accomplish each day. Otherwise, I am overwhelmed. Lysa put it well, "Don't try to make your whole dream come true at once. Just fulfill the small part of the mission He's asking you to do today."

Not easy for a person who loves to plan ahead while looking at big picture, but possible with God.

"I can live with my limited vision, convinced that there is no way and overcome with uncertainty in my time of famine, or I can take God's hand and confidently proclaim Him to be my way," Lysa says.

I pray I keep holding tightly to God's hand, as He is the only way.


post signature

6 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

This is awesome Michelle:


While searching for the physical manifestation of His will, I almost overlooked the spiritual purpose as He calls me to trust and rest in Him on a deeper level.


Dear Sister I will be praying for you and praising Him in advance for what He's going to bring to you. Keep seeking Him Michelle and just trust in Him. Being jobless is NOTHING to Him! Jeremiah 32:17!!!

Love ya,
Lelia

Jill Beran said...

I enjoyed reading your words and as you spoke of a trial, I thought of my Bible study last night - all about the message in the storm. It doesn't matter what type of storm, God can speak to us and though our lack of control frightens us and knowing He is in control gives us peace. Pray you have that through the journey. Just remember in the storm keep looking for the Son!! - Jill

Unknown said...

Great post!

Praying for you during your famine phase,
Rebecca

p.s. Can't wait to read more on the cheese!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

Glad to see you're back.

I totally get this. I love a plan and then I married a man in the military...it isn't always easy (it's kind of never easy) but it is always worth seeing what God has planned for your next steps. :-)

Jill Beran said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and I have to say your comment about Him deserving the credit really put things in a wonderful perspective. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
I have missed your regular posts,
I hope that things are going well for you, and i sure enjoy your Tuesday posts.

I just wanted to include you on a bit of fun, if you would like to join.
"Tag, You're it!"

come join us in a game of tag with a tad of randomness attached! Or just follow my link to enjoy some of the random comments about ourselves, and some other neat sites I have linked to.
God bless you!
Heather

http://hkudla.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/ok-now-i-got-tagged-too/