Friday, March 14, 2008

Organizational Tip

I am participating in Lysa's Swap and Hop on organizing. My tip could be applied to any collection of papers and brochures. I love to get new ideas on activities for my daughter. I cut articles out of magazines, and print information I find online. I also have a collection of brochures on museums, nature centers, playzones, and parks. I used to keep it all in an accordion folder. The papers had a place to go, but I never looked at them again because it was cumbersome to flip through it.

I decided to organize all the papers in a 3 ring binder. I made tabs for different sections, such as crafts, activities, science, music, nature, and cultural. I placed the brochures in dividers with pockets.

We actually use it. If I did not have this notebook, the information would go into our sophisticated organization system in our study - PILES. This is what our study looks like when we clean up all the papers lying around the kitchen, dining room, and family room. We could clearly benefit from tips on getting AND keeping it organized.

No comments: