Monday, April 7, 2008

Stirring One Another Up

Carolyn at Scrapping Servant has a great meme for Mondays. In My Walk Monday, she invites you to share something from your walk with the Lord. I love to read how others are growing in their relationship with God. She also asks a "bonus question" to get to know everyone more. This week she asked, "What is your most recent favorite verse in God’s word and why (if it isn’t obvious)?"

Some of my recent favorites are Hebrew 10:23-24:

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. (NLT)

So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word. And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities. (Amplified Bible)

Through verse 23, I am reminded not to waver in my trust in God during this time of change in my life. He is reliable and faithful. Just because I do not know the plan, does not mean God does not have a plan.

Verse 24 is what Carolyn had in mind for this meme, encouraging one another. God continues to bless me with encouragement from others through conversations with family or friends and through comments on my blog. I am grateful that God is also using me to inspire others.

God never meant for us to be alone. He is always with us in every situation. He wants us be there for each other, too. The support people give one another in the blogging community is delightful evidence of God using us stir one another up. I am glad to be part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to "meet" you Michelle... and thanks for the reminders that we are never alone! Sometimes we do need them. I'm glad you're participating in the Monday Walk!

God Bless, HL

Anonymous said...

Hey nice to meet you sister! Glad you joined me this Sunday, I like what you shared... I am glad God wants to use me also, sometimes I go crazy as to why, but I know He can be seen.