Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yes to God Study - Week 5

This week, the discussion of Lysa TerKeurst's book, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, covers Chapter 5: What Keeps Us from Saying Yes to God. I encourage you to click on the button to the left and visit Lelia's blog to read the thoughts and testimonies of other women.

The most powerful words in this chapter for me were these:
God chose such a unique word to describe His peace - a river! A river is not calm and void of activity. It is active and cleansing and confident of the direction it is headed in. It doesn't get caught up with the rocks in its path. It flows over and around them, all the while smoothing their jagged edges and allowing them to add to its beauty rather than take away from it.

Our attention is like a magnifying glass - whatever we place it on becomes larger and more consuming of our time and energy.
The Lord laid it on my heart to attend the She Speaks Conference this year. In February, I said yes and registered for the conference. I trusted God would make a way financially for me to attend. Since registering, several rocks have fallen in my path. When I looked at the rocks, I saw them building a dam of uncertainty. I wandered if I should cancel my registration. Then, I turned my eyes to God and was flooded with assurance to trust Him.

Today, I found out that my registration fee will be paid in full. Praise God! I am so excited that He is smoothing the jagged edges of fear and doubt in my heart. I cannot wait to see how He will use me through this blessing.

3 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

OH How exciting is that??? Why do we ever let doubt creep in? Jeremiah 32:17!
Praising Him with you today! Can't wait to meet you in person!
Blessings,
Lelia

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Michelle-what a blessings!! Paid in full-isn't that just like Christ!! I am hoping the same blessing will come my way too. Peace. Even as I struggle in areas, I experience His peace too.
I look forward to meeting you at the conference!!
In His Graces~Pamela

Amy L Brooke said...

Wow! That is great. I can't wait to meet you in person!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.