Friday, February 8, 2008

Lessons from My Child

My daughter, 4 years old, was intently watching me brush my teeth this morning. She said, "You're doing it Mommy, like I showed you." She smiled, patted me on my back and said, "Good job, I knew you could do it."

This was quite encouraging because the night before, when I was helping her brush her teeth, she told me, "You're doing it all wrong. Let me show you." Apparently, I was not using her particular technique. You would think after 30 some years of brushing, I would know how to do it.

I just love that she took pride in teaching me something and wanted to praise me when she saw that I could do it. If she only knew just how much I am learning from being her mom....

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is precious and sweet.

Thanks for your comment. I am going to read the article you forwarded. I really appreciate you doing that.

Have a blessed weekend!