Thursday, February 7, 2008

Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit - you choose. Proverbs 18:21 (The Message)

While listening to the "Points of Power" on the Yolanda Adams Morning Show yesterday, the passage listed above really spoke to me. We often underestimate the power of our words. They can encourage growth or become a destructive force to others and to ourselves.

It is easier for me to nourish others with my words. I have to make more of conscious effort to avoid negative self talk. (There was a revealing discussion on this topic at Renee Swope's blog this week.) Yet, you cannot build others up if you are torn down by your own words.

Lysa TerKeurst presented delightful evidence of the impact of words in her post on Monday. It motivated me to continue to aspire to inspire others through my words. I want to share with others the journey of my spiritual growth.

As I am still in the development process, I question myself. Who am I to attempt to connect my words with God's words? I am no religious expert, more like a novice.

I refuse to let utterances of doubt, fear, or negativity poison my dreams. I choose nourish myself and others with fruitful expressions of faith from my heart. What will you choose?

No comments: