Friday, May 23, 2008

Ireland

Today, I embark on my first international trip. I leave for Galway, Ireland Friday afternoon, arriving Saturday morning. Ireland is five hours ahead of East Coast time. I am traveling on business, but I should be able to do some exploring. Here is how one website describes the city:

"With its labyrinthe of winding medieval streets, vibrant, buzzing street life, shopping facilities, wealth of heritage and arts, Galway city is a ramblers paradise. Be warned all rational thought surrenders to a mellow, mystical, timeless dreamworld. It is better to simply drift along and get lost within the town. Galway City has a treasure trove of book stores, and welcomes book lovers to its streets like bees to honey."

Don't you want to go? I cannot wait to explore and take hundreds of pictures. I am excited about the treasure trove of book stores. Leisurely browsing through a bookstore is not a luxury I have often with a four-year-old. I will miss my husband and daughter terribly, but I plan to make the most of my time - writing and reading.

I hope to blog and upload pictures at least once while I am there. Check back for updates. I'll let you know if it really is a timeless dreamworld. Please keep me in your prayers.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow have fun!