Saturday, May 10, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturdays - Voice of Truth


I love the song "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. It always lifts my spirits when I am discouraged or afraid. Last week, the words of this song came to life for me. I was in my car, returning from an interview.

The company where I work was recently purchased by another company, leading to the probability of me losing my job. An unexpected opportunity arose when the new company wanted to interview me for a home based position, as long as I was flexible with some travel. At the interview, I discovered "flexibility" meant traveling at least 60% of the time or relocating to another city. Those choices closed that door of opportunity.

I left the interview frustrated and discouraged. Negative voices filled my head. "It's a recession, not a time to look for a job. I'm afraid of what will happen. I don't want to be afraid. How can I be afraid if I trust God." On the radio, I heard a woman talking about how a song had ministered to her during a difficult time. I said aloud, "Lord, I wish a song would minister to me right now." The next song that played on the radio was the "Voice of Truth."

Tears rolled down my cheeks as sang the words, "The voice of truth tells me a different story. The voice of truth says do not be afraid. The voice of truth says this is for my glory. Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth."

I thanked God for speaking to me so clearly, drowning out all the other voices. He reminded me to stay focused on him. Do not be afraid. Choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.



What I love most about this video is the scenes of the audience, singing, visibly touched by the song, just as I was in my car. I hope it does the same for you. Click on the button above to discover more great songs through Amy's meme at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders.

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

This is a great song!! Such an important message!

Amy Wyatt said...

This is one of my all time favorites. I remember clearly exactly where I was the very first time I heard it. I called one of my best friends and told her she had to hear it. I'm so glad the Voice of Truth speaks to us and is the only one to believe. So glad you joined in this week. I'm a little behind on getting to everyone's post this week. Things are kind of hectic here :0)