Thursday, May 15, 2008

Married with 13 Kids at 4

After Pumpkin told us about her 13 kids and husband, our dinner conversation diverted to the appropriate age for marriage - not an expected discussion with a 4-year-old.

Dad, "Husband? You can get married when you are 50."

Pumpkin, "How old are you Daddy?" (Laughter)

Me, "You do not have to be 50-years-old when you get married."

Pumpkin, "How old should I be, Mommy?"

Simultaneously, Dad, "50." Me, "Maybe 30."

Pumpkin, "I'm listening to my Mommy."

Dad, "Why aren't you listening to me? You should be 50."

Pumpkin, "How old were you when you got married?" (Laughter)

Dad, "You made me laugh with that question."

Me, "Oh, I think you are destined to be a negotiator, Pumpkin."

At 4, she outwits her parents. We're in trouble. Let's go back to what led to the dialogue. 13 kids? Did she say 13 kids? I cannot blame her Dad for focusing on husband? He will always see her this small in his hand.


post signature

1 comment:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

THat was both a cute and tender post and a sweet photo