Friday, May 16, 2008

Rubber Chicken Seeks Employment

Gimmicks, used by a job candidate to make his or her resume standout, normally annoy human resource directors. Typically, I do not employ unconventional methods during a job search. However, I received a tip from a friend, who knows the HR director where I was applying, to send a rubber chicken with my resume to increase my chances for an interview.

I delivered plastic poultry, similar to the one pictured above, along with my resume and cover letter, to a business yesterday. My interest in the position, and trust in my friend, led me to risk being referred to as the crazy rubber chicken lady if I get the job. Hopefully, the ploy was more entertaining than annoying. If nothing else, it's humorous blog material.

Stay tuned for poultry updates.

post signature

3 comments:

Richard Jennings said...

I just read about a new service that matches a job seekers unique set of skills with open positions free:

http://venturebeat.com/2008/05/13/realmatch-offers-a-fresh-take-on-job-sites

Maybe it helps...maybe not.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very creative. I hope you get the job

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the job!